Monday, October 02, 2006

My Blogger Template, Rehashed

Anyone who's edited his/her blogger template will identify with the sense of achievement I'm going through right now having edited mine. Here's whats new (and credits to people who I took help from).

I moved to a 3 column layout, thanks to some help from my friend Ashish. From there I got to Pam's site, where I also found the basic code to get me started.

I liked some of the styles that were in my previous template "TicTac Blue" (available on the blogger templates page), so I re-used some of them. Credits to Dan Cederholm for the images I still continue to use.

Many Blogger users crib about the lack of support for Categories. There are plenty of hacks available as a workaround till we see Blogger support it. I liked the one from David's site. Its simple to integrate and use. Until the new Blogger arrives, at least.

For those who prefer reading email to feeds: I signed up to FeedBlitz so you can subscribe to my blog. Every time I add a new post, you'll get a mail, with the full content. There's also a link in the email that takes you to the comments page.

TODO in my next iteration of template editing: Add my Blogroll. Search. Directly add my site feed to commonly used feed readers.

Looking for suggestions and feedback.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feedback:
I get a horizontal bar on the main page. :)

Sowmya Karmali said...

Thanks for pointing that out, bharat. Happened because of the adsense width, which I fixed. Interestingly, this also resulted in a cross browser issue, because IE wraps divs while FF shows up the horizontal scrollbar.

Ashish said...

Congrats Mam!!
Your blog looks damn good..
Keep writing

Ashish

Anonymous said...

I read some of your stuff and it looks good. Too much i shay!